A Dose of Los

Ridiculous ramblings and unamusing anecdotes.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

2 for 2...

Went back to Gubmint Cheese for the 2nd day in a row yesterday, this time with my man John E. Man, those climbs are technical and tough. For the record, here's the trails we rode: out Recharge to Far Reaches, down Wildcat Canyon to Joe Johnson, up Twin Oaks, up Sendero Balcones to Little Windmill, back to Joe Johnson, up to the end of Sendero Balcones, Sendero Balcones all the way back to Recharge.
All in all, I'd have to say that yesterday was the best day of technical climbing I've done since going fixed. I did Far Reaches without stopping, and cleaned stuff on the entire ride that I didn't think I could.
For anyone who's interested, I love the Exi/Ignitor combo. I'm able to run pretty low traction (20ish front/ 30ish rear) with no flats. In fact, I think I need to run lower pressure in back. 'Cause I can. There was one point, on the last downhill, that I thought for sure I had pinch-flatted the front. I mean, I felt that tire bottom out. NO worries, and seemingly unlimited traction. This is certainly not the "fastest" tire set-up I've used, but I don't really care. I'm gonna use these for a while, I think.
Well, we've got a lot of work to do over the next couple o' days, so the next big ride may not be until this weekend, when I try and hook up with Fat Bob on his new Niner S.I.R 9.

Los

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home