A Dose of Los

Ridiculous ramblings and unamusing anecdotes.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

As the world turns...

Let me just say something- WD-40 is not, I repeat, not a lubricant. At all. In fact, there's only one possible use for a can of WD-40 in working on a bike, and that is getting rubber grips (such as Ourys) to stick to handlebars. That's it.

Alright, I feel a bit better.

Well, I had to pull the drop bars off of my bike. I couldn't get them high enough to feel right, and I was sucking ass on anything technical. I did like the way they felt on tight singletrack, but I just can't use 'em. Matt Chester will have to build me a frame one day that's designed for drops. Until then, back to the Marys.

I took the reMaryed bike out on a bit of tech this morning before work, and it felt much better. I need a little time to get used to the setup again, which I'll get in the next week. Looks like tomorrow I'll be trying some semi-tech stuff at O.P. Schnabel , with a possible Madrone visit on Monday when I get back from San Diego.

Did I mention that I love my Phil Wood hubs? Well, they rule.

Tuesday, I think I'm gonna do some initial trail scouting for the 100 miler, see how much dirt we can use. I would love to do the whole thing on dirt, but that's pretty tough in a city the size of S.A.

Oh, and if anyone is into wool, there's a great source for wool jerseys, called SWOBO. Maybe you've heard of 'em. And for teams, clubs, shops, of cabals, there's a company out of Portland called Portland Cyclewear that'll do custom (kinda) jerseys for a damn good price. I like wool, and I think you will, too.

So, what's out next non-sequitur? How about my road bike? Well, alrighty then. For the past 3 months, I've had the pleasure of riding my LeMond Fillmore as my road bike, commuter, what have you. Nice bike. I've made a couple of changes from stock, like a new headset (silver,) new stem, and chopped-and-flipped Syncros drop bar. I'll take some pictures some other time.

Yeah, good stuff out of me today. Kinda like Virginia Woolf. Or Something.

Buenas tardes, beetches.

Los

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home