A Dose of Los

Ridiculous ramblings and unamusing anecdotes.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Ummm... yeah.

I'm pretty terrible at this so far. Almost a month, and 2 fucking posts. Great.
Maybe I've been in a pissy mood 'cause I haven't been riding my bike much lately. I mean, the bike's my transportation for the most part, but I don't think commuting is the kind of riding I need.
This time last year, I was recovering from my first solo, 24 hour mountain bike race. Single speed. That's where I should be right now, but money's too tight. I have my new bike, which I got with 24 hr. Racing in mind, and now I can't afford to race! How's that for a kick in the sack?
Anyhoo, I have started riding a bit more, but it's been raining a lot here in SoCal. Huh? Yeah. Rainiest year in something like, I dunno, a long time. And the trails are muddy as hell. Oh, well, I guess that's what happens. I know I'll have plenty of opportunity to ride for the rest of the year.
Speaking of the new bike, there's a review that I wrote about it on www.63xc.com . It might be cursed. The bike, not the website. Yeah, I got to thinking about it on Thurs. Night, during the "weekly" singlespeed night ride. I have yet to ride this thing without getting it muddy!
And another thing- the Thursday night singlespeed night ride I referenced? Out of like 12 or 13 people, only 6 were on singlespeeds. The rest weren't just on geared bikes, they were on full-suspension geared bikes. Lemme tell ya, when you're stuck behind one of these clowns on a tough uphill section, you just want to neck-punch 'em. *CLICK-CLICK-CLATTER-CLICK-KERCHUNK* No consideration. The worst part? A lot of those guys do ride singles, so they should know better.
Alright, back to work. I've gotta get my Pathology research project done. Wait, isn't massage school supposed to be easy?!?

Los

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home